Jodie Mack

Posted by on July 13, 2016

Jodie Mack is an experimental animator from the UK. She primarily works with films and videos. Her work is a mix of abstract animation and cinematic genres. Her works focus on using objects that are overlooked and underused to question the role of decoration in life. Most of her works use recycled materials to create works of art through a digital approach.

Mack’s video “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” was one of my favorite works of hers. It takes a classic song and turns it into a karaoke style video in which she uses many common materials to make an easy sing along. The way she animates it makes it more fun to watch and puts a cool visual to the song. Another work of hers I greatly enjoyed was “Dusty Stacks of Mom: A Poster Project.” In this 16mm film Mack combines visual animation with rock opera to create a documentary about the rise and fall of a nearly defunct poster and postcard business. It is a great combination of music and visual art to create a great film.

jodie-mack-let-you

mexsquareweb