Takeshi Murata

Posted by on July 11, 2016

Takeshi Murata is a multimedia artist who has had numerous works been shown at the Hirschhorn Museum in Washington, DC. Murata┬áhas worked with mostly with video and animation. He likes to push the boundaries of hyperreality, especially with the piece, “I, Popeye.” In this piece he tested the grounds of fair use, which has to deal with copyright laws. Murata has also worked with still images where he sets up a scene or he creates completely digitally.

Murata’s work is quite fascinating. I especially enjoyed “I, Popeye” and “OM Rider.” Both were captivating and took some time to fully process all of it. And every time you watch it, you may find something completely new that you didn’t see before. Also I like how most of his work has a hidden meaning to it.

Murata_7

Takeshi-Murata-OM-Rider-2013-14-still-da-video-courtesy-of-the-artist-Salon-94-New-York